Become a Member
The Pacific Peoples’ Partnership (PPP) is Canada’s only non-government organization devoted to working with peoples of the South Pacific. We are a membership driven organization which for over 40 years has been working alongside Indigenous and Pacific communities to promote their aspirations of peace, justice, and sustainability. We welcome anyone and everyone with an interest in empowering Pacific communities to get involved!
As a member, you receive:
- Access to our Pacific Library/Resource Center, featuring over 1,000 books, periodicals, videos and magazines featuring critical perspectives from the Pacific;
- Regular member-only events and social opportunities;
- Leadership, networking, social and volunteer opportunities with like-minded community;
- Early invitations to Pacific Peoples' Partnership events (special members' rates included!);
- Enhanced opportunities to directly engage with Pacific arts, culture and media, including as a contributor;
- A digital subscription to our publication, Tok Blong Pasifik
- A say in how our organization's strategic direction and governance.
By signing up as a member, you are contributing to a number of key projects, allowing PPP to develop future opportunities with peoples of the South Pacific:
- Establishing programming aimed at promoting gender equity within Pacific communities;
- Creating opportunities for the public to engage with issues critical to the South Pacific, including Tok Blong Pasifik journals, One Wave Festival, Pacific Networking Conferences, and many more educational events;
- Facilitating knowledge and skills sharing between Indigenous communities in the North and South Pacific;
- Strengthening Indigenous-based community governance and livelihood resiliency
- Fostering public awareness of the impact of climate change on the Pacific, and promoting community resilience in the Pacific.
We have three membership types:
- Individual Membership: Regular annual membership for PPP supporters ($30/year)
- Family Membership: Annual membership for up to 4 household members ($40/year)
- Economy Membership: Annual membership for students, seniors, and those with fixed income ($15/year)